Thursday, December 17, 2009

"What good is cake, You have but never eat?"

Skyler and I spent several hours over the weekend persusing the cake galleries at Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot. It's funny, for as much as I love weddings, and as much as I watch the Food Network, and as much as I might just MIGHT leave Skyler for Duff from Ace of Cakes... the wedding cake has never been an important element to me. Imagine my surprise when I realized how obsessed and picky Skyler was going to be about picking a cake. He really really cares. He has opinions on all sorts of things. He doesn't know the names of the things on which he has opinions...but they are there. Here is my real-cake-terms interpretation:

  • He hates monograms
  • He likes it when there are tiers that are both square and round 
  • He likes quilting
  • He likes the look of fondant and he hates the taste of buttercream
  • He really has no concept of what our actual color scheme is
  • He doesn't like "Mad Hatter" cakes...except for when he does
Below is a mosaic of the ones we picked out. Most of them really only have elements that we like. None of them are perfect. What do you guys think we should ask the bakers for?






1 comment:

  1. Ashley likes the one to the left and the right of the middle. I like the one to the right of the middle and the one right below it, except I don't like real flowers on a real cake, cause that's freaky, yo. Also, look! WE COMMENTED!!!

    ReplyDelete